Emily Ozier (EMYO), a popular artist featured here at Bella Vita, lives a life as vibrant and colorful as her work.
- Seeds take a couple weeks to sprout, and will be ready to start harvesting in 2+ months. Continuous harvesting will encourage a bushy plant and greater yield.
- Plants require at least 6 hours of direct light daily, and should be put in an unobstructed window that faces south, west or east (southwest is the best option). During winter months—or if you don’t have an unobstructed window—you can supplement with a grow light.
- The plant will continue to grow with sufficient nutrients and light; however, after 3-6 months herbs will develop a woody stem and the leaves will become a bit bitter. Harvest when flower are fully open. Deadhead for continuous blooms.
- Garden Jars are designed for indoor use, but can be put outside. Be mindful that the planter does not have a drain hole, and if the reservoir floods it may drown the roots. Bring your Garden Jar inside if temps dip below 55⁰ or above 80⁰.
- The stainless steel net pot and recycled glass grow medium can both be reused—simply rinse with hot water. Add new seeds and use soil or coco pith to help seeds germinate. Use a water soluble fertilizer and follow its instructions.
- Made in the USA, and sub-assembled by agencies that service people with developmental disabilities