Sales Manager - The Back Room
Do you have a knack for motivating a team? Do farm tables, beautiful lighting and unique décor get you overly excited? Would you love to be around gorgeous furniture and home accents all day? The Back Room may be looking for you. The Sales Manager is our go-to for everything ranging from managing the floor and overseeing team members to building customer relationships and acting as the liaison between suppliers and transport companies.
- Work to develop and maintain relationships with customers, designers and vendors
- Ensure that every customer is treated with our highest level of customer service
- Manage team schedule for The Back Room to ensure no conflicts with our other stores
- Ensure that daily sales goals are communicated and met; motivate team members
- As first point of contact, assist all team members with day-to-day issues and questions
- Ensure team members are providing outstanding customer service
- Develop and maintain customer and vendor relationships
- Stand as subject matter expert on key areas: customer and transactional policies; human resource-related policies; opening and closing procedures; forms, claims and special orders; point-of-sale procedures
- Enforce all polices as management sees fit
- Communicate and report to ownership daily, work with ownership to purchase on-brand product for sales floor
- A desire to learn and work in the field of interior design and to work closely with customers to help them fill their homes and walls with our decor products
- Must love rugs, fabric swatches, bedding, finishes and all things related to making a house a beautiful home for our customers
- Must be motivated by sales incentives
- 3+ years sales/retail and/or management experience preferred but not required to apply
- Must have an outgoing personality and be able to strike up conversations with everyone who walks through the front door
- Must want to be a part of a growing small business, not just another JOB
Did you know?
- We offer medical, dental and vision benefits to key positions.
- We are family-owned; established in the community more than 16 years ago.
- We care about leadership development and communication and model our business after the Dave Ramsey Entreleadership Program.
- Our interview process is more involved and thorough than you might expect. But don’t be scared. This process helps us make sure we find you the best seat on the bus.
Slackers or chronic job-hoppers need not apply!
For more information, or to apply, email resume and other details to email@example.com.